10 examples of simple past tense
10 Examples of Simple Past Tense
Affirmative Sentences in Simple Past Tense
- They traveled to Japan last summer.
- He studied hard for his final exams last month.
- We visited our grandparents last weekend.
- I saw a shooting star last night.
- He bought a new phone last week.
- They caught a fish in the lake yesterday.
- She finished his homework before dinner.
- I lost my keys yesterday morning.
- I cooked breakfast for my family this morning.
- We went shopping for new clothes last weekend.
Negative Sentences in Simple Past Tense
- She didn’t go to school yesterday.
- He didn’t complete his homework.
- We didn’t go to the library after school.
- They didn’t study for two hours last night.
- Bob didn’t play video games.
- She didn’t write any letters to her brother.
- He didn’t sleep early last night.
- I didn’t go to the market with my parents.
- We didn’t travel to Germany last year.
- They didn’t talk with him.
Interrogative Sentences in Simple Past Tense
- Did you study last night?
- Did he go home early?
- Did she become a journalist?
- When did you see an action movie?
- Did you enjoy your time as a student?
- Did she get any scholarships?
- Did you have any difficulties in your classes?
- Did you have a favorite subject in middle school?
- Did you have any study groups in high school?
- Did you have any role models during your time as a student?
more examples of simple past tense